We have made some updates to our ATC Tower Simulator which inhances the performance and capabilities of the system....
ICAO 054A RADAR CONTROL (AREA)
To provide students with the theory, principles and practice of area control (radar) in excess of the minimum ICAO standards and recommended practices and prepare them for validation training at an area control (radar) unit.
- Surveillance Radar (Technical)
- Principles of Radar
- Radar Systems
- Radar Displays
- Radar Data and Display Processing
- Future Developments
Surveillance Radar (Operational)
- Use of Radar
- Radar Identification Procedures
- Radar Separation Standards
- Secondary Surveillance Radar
- Position Information
- Radar Vectoring
- Transfer of Radar Identity/Control
- Provision of Clearances to aircraft Joining/Crossing/Leaving CAS
- Radar Information Services
- Effects of Weather
- Emergency Situations
- 28 hours of simulation per student will be provided during the course including assessments and final examination.
Criteria for entry into training
- Entrants should be in possession of a current Air Traffic Controller's Licence and have with an Aerodrome Control Rating.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of English Language to IELTS 5.5.