We have made some updates to our ATC Tower Simulator which inhances the performance and capabilities of the system....
ICAO 051 ATC ASSISTANT/BASIC INDUCTION
Start Date: 2022-04-13
End Date: 2021-06-18
On completion of this course the student will have the required skills, knowledge and attitude (SKA’s) necessary to be awarded an ICAO 051 Ab initio ATC Certificate, in order to undergo field training in an operational environment for ATC Officer (ATCO) licensing purpos
- hold a General Secondary Certificate or equivalent foreign certificate with a pass result of not less than 70%; and
- demonstrate fluency in the English language to IELTS 5.5 or above in order to satisfy the requirements of ICAO English Language Level 4; and
- hold a second class (2) medical certificate as prescribed by the authority regulation.
The course shall provide a basic understanding of the following units:
Principles of Flight and Aircraft Systems
- Includes theory of flight, propulsion systems, stability and control, wake turbulence categories, high speed flight, helicopter operations and aircraft instrumentation.
Aircraft Recognition and Performance
- Includes civil aircraft recognition (passenger, transport, regional and business types), general aviation aircraft, helicopters, military types, aircraft performance specifications.
Human Factors in Aviation
- Includes Aviation Safety, Human Factors, Safety Models, Human Error and Error Management, Communications in Aviation, Systemic Approach to Aviation Safety.
Aviation Law and Rules of the Air
- Includes ICAO structure and operations, ATS divisions, licensing, Rules of the Air, Airspace, Flight Planning.
- Includes principles of radio, radar theory and use, AFTN service, ATS messages, flight progress systems, Flight Data Processing Systems.
- Includes the atmosphere, temperature, humidity, adiabatic process, atmospheric pressure, cloud formation and types, visibility, winds, jetstreams, aircraft icing, hazardous weather, weather systems, forecasts and reports.
- Includes Form of the Earth, direction, measurement of speed, time, map projections, map reading, plotting, GEOREF system, UTM grid system, navigation aids, Instrument Landing System, IFR approach procedures, area navigation.
- Includes altimetry, radio telephony procedures, ACAS, Search and Rescue, AIS, ATS messages, flight information, traffic advisory service, ATC clearances, separation standards, practical communications.